This is where I tell the truth. This is where you can know the real me. Really KNOW. Don't judge me. Don't tell me to stop swearing and be more politically correct or more gentle or whatever. What you see is what you get. You have been warned.

Sunday, September 04, 2011

School, Lunch, and A Whole Lotta Other Shit: Part Two

So... now that the first day of school (and the second) has come and gone, things seem to be looking MUCH, much better.
My schedule:

1st Period: Acting 1&2 with Mr. Sims.
2nd Period: Chamber Choir with Mr. Ronning.
3rd Period: AP (Advanced Placement) US History with Mr. Hanna.
4th Period: Advanced Culinary Arts with Ms. Merrit.
5th Period: AP English 11 with Mrs. Niermeyer.
6th Period: Animal Science with Mr. Carlson.

I am very pleased with my schedule thus far. Especially 1st and 2nd Period.
I LOVE Chamber Choir. LOVE it. I am deeply passionate about singing, and singing with a group again is simply enthralling. On Friday, we were working on a song called "Ipharadici", the African Freedom song. I almost CRIED, we sounded so good. I couldn't stop smiling and beaming, I was so happy. What I felt was pure, unadulterated JOY.
It was the first time I had felt joy in many months, and it was odd to feel it again. Kind of how it feels to be an invalid for a long time and to feel the wind on your face after becoming well, only much, much stronger.
I cannot wait until this long weekend is over. It's pointless as a white crayon. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment