This is where I tell the truth. This is where you can know the real me. Really KNOW. Don't judge me. Don't tell me to stop swearing and be more politically correct or more gentle or whatever. What you see is what you get. You have been warned.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mint Chip Ice Cream Gum!

Yeah, I don't even know.
Today was pretty okay. Was going to hang out with Wesley and Michael, but Michael's Grandma decided to force chores upon him, so... yeah. I won't see them until Thursday.
You know, I have been thinking deeply for most of the day on the validity of true love, mainly because so many of my friends think me foolish for giving up on love in general, as well as denying the existence of true love.
It's funny though. The only friends who have tried to talk me out of such a belief are those of my friends who have a significant other. Of COURSE they would say that it exists, for they seriously believe that they are experiencing it. Very few of my single friends will disagree with my findings. So that only enforces these new beliefs.
Lindsey tried to pull the whole "God is love." thing on me. Quite frankly, I DON'T CARE. There are different kinds of love. True love, the kind they speak of in faerie tales, doesn't exist in my opinion.
As I have told many, it is not that I am closed minded to the idea of it being real. I have just been proven to over and over and over that it must not exist. That or people just don't seek it out anymore. Or perhaps true love once did exist, but modern people cannot find it due to the corruption in our society.
If anyone out there can prove to me that it exists, I shall believe.
But until then... it is a faerie tale. A myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment